Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Set for a Princess...

Over the last few weeks I have been doing a few more bits and pieces to complete our little girls room. There are a few more ideas i am thinking of doing but for now im happy with how its looking. I love how the bits and pieces are special and the memories that are attached mean its more precious. I just LOVE the WallArt we put up. Blowing dandelions are always fun, and i love watching them float away on the breeze.
Its set up above her cot so her dreams can float away like a dandelion... :)
I just love these floating shelves so i knew i wanted to put them up in the kids rooms. I painted the 'dream' wooden word, as we all love to dream :) The owl canvas i just couldn't resist as its super cute and the teddy was a gift she got as a baby so to turn it into a girly bear, I made the pink tutu from tulle and added a pink flower.
The other floating shelf is on the other side of the room above the change table. This is a shelf of memories. The two gorgeous dresses are ones that Eden has worn to two special weddings. The pink one was the one she wore to Aunty Colleen & Uncle Doug's wedding when she was just 10 weeks old. And the white one was for Uncle Caleb & Aunty Carlien's wedding last December. The parasols on the shelf are from our wedding and Im sure she will love playing and using them for dress ups when she is older. And the sparkly shoes were a gift from Aunty Bianca when she was born and i think they are super cute! Eden wears them for church and parties when one must look pretty :)
The lamp shade was just a plain simple white one that i bought from a cheap dollar store and added some ribbon for some simple effect. I have a few more ideas of what i might do with it, but for now its like that.
And last but not least every nursery needs a comfy chair to sit in for those late night feeds (which thankfully I don't do anymore!) or for any precious cuddles and love during a bad dream or a bad night teething.
so there it is..a room set for a princess! There is more in there too, such as a wardrobe and a changetable/chest of drawers but i didn't think that would of as much interest :) Well thats all from me for now! Hope you enjoyed the tour :) xx

2 comments:

  1. love it ev! can't wait to see it in real next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks carlien! but don't you mean the week after ?!

    ReplyDelete